Sunday, February 5, 2012

Cherry Pie Criterium

What better motivation is there to do anything than the prospect of acquiring a delicious cherry pie? I raced in the Cherry Pie Criterium in Napa, California today. This race epitomizes my love for cycling and cooking by rewarding the winners with a cherry pie! 

This was my first race of the season. It consisted of 30 minutes around a track that was a little over a mile long. I raced pretty well and came away with a 3rd place finish. 

My reward? You guessed it! A cherry pie. And a delicious one at that. After posing on the podium with my pie, I rode back to the car with it only to realize that I had no eating utensils on me. I therefore had to improvise, and ate a good chunk of pie using the top of one of my bottles as a spoon. 

I had a great time racing and eating pie. I got a very accurate idea of where I am in my training and racing, and was rewarded for my efforts with some great food. I'm looking forward to some more great races and tantalizing food this season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers

Labels

Blogroll

About

Blogger templates

Blogger news