Saturday, February 4, 2012

Intro

My name is Mael Glon. I grew up in France in a Franco-Italiano household. Fairly early on, I discovered a love for flavorful, unique, and exotic foods. This prompted me to start cooking. I got a job working as a sushi chef when I was 17. A few years later, I applied and was accepted to the Paul Bocuse Culinary Institute in Lyon, France. Because of personal reasons, I decided to turn down my acceptance and continue with traditional University studies. Since this, I have decided that I do indeed see myself working in the culinary industry and hope to re-pursue acceptance at Paul Bocuse or another similar cooking school in the near future, based on where my cycling career goes.

I was a very good track and field runner in high school and got recruited by several universities after my Junior year. Unfortunately, I got injured my senior year and was forced to stopped running. Despite exploring many different medicinal options and even having knee surgery, I was not able to return to track and field. That was very hard for me because most of my life was dictated by sports. Track was my religion. Last year, after a 2 year break from competitive sports, I started road biking and have loved it so far. My knee has held up very well. I train hard, live a healthy lifestyle, and am very excited to see what my future in cycling holds.

I started this blog because I want to have a place to record my cooking. Everything from failed experiments to gourmet masterpieces teaches me something and allows me to progress and become a better cook. I tend to go through phases where I cook food from certain cultures or using different techniques so there should be a fairly vast variety of food on here once I get going!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers

Labels

Blogroll

About

Blogger templates

Blogger news